2 Medium Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cubes
1.5kg Peeled and Diced Tomatoes
pinch Vegetable Spice
- Put a pot on a medium heat and add some olive oil.
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, and vegetable spice and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the carrots have softened and the onion is lightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug and add 1.5 litres boiling water.
- Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved. Add to pot with the fresh tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper add vodka
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth.
- Season again before serving. Drizzle with a little olive oil.