- For the ribs: Place the ribs in a roasting pan, cutting the racks in half to fit if necessary.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and cayenne in a small bowl, and rub the mixture evenly all over the ribs.
- Allow the ribs to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven Pour 1/2 cup water into the roasting pan and cover the pan tightly foil.
- Roast the ribs until the meat is very tender and separate easily from the bone, about 11/2 hours.
- While the ribs are roasting make red onion marmalade.
- In a sauce pan cook your red onions add, balsamic vinegar and finish it with chutney.