Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, wide saucepan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion and garlic mixed diced veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels start to crackle, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour a ladleful of broth over the rice and let simmer, stirring constantly, until the rice absorbs the broth and the bottom of the pot is nearly dry.
- Continue adding broth a little at a time, seasoning occasionally and stirring constantly, until the rice is nearly al dente, about 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and continue to cook until the rice is tender on the outside but still has some resistance when you bite into it, about 5 minutes more. (You might not use all of the broth.) Stir in the Parmesan, taste, and season as desired.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.